Wednesday, June 10, 2009

What attracts us (here human) towards God or The Spirituality?

I call myself a very lucky person, for in my house I see Women from
different generation (My Paternal grandma 78yrs old, maternal grandma
75 years old and my mom 50 years old), living together under the same
roof in happiness
and tolerance with each other. Every morning when the ladies of the
house gather in the kitchen for cooking, i feel they are partying and
sharing all their past learnings and experiences with each other. Yes
sometimes they bump into arguements or go through some emotional
turmoil, but amidst these I see Spirituality or The God Factor playing
a vital role in these women.

We often have spiritual discussions in our side, whereby we try to
share all the beautiful spiritual experiences of my ancestors. So I
today I came to know about this One such lady; my maternal grandma's
mother; three generation ahead of me - never failed to worship the
Gods may it be illness or any other reason. She was highly devoted to
Lord Krishna and had a personal bond with him. I was delighted to know
of her and I continued to participate in the sharing.

I dont know when, but I was taken over my thoughts, about how many
times I would have questioned this to myself.

What attracts us (here human) towards God or The Spirituality? Is it
his love and
devotion for Him? Is he in love with God?

I reflected over the very same question, and this is the answer I got
- I as human have forgotten what is LOVE (here love means
Unconditional Love), and I know nothing of love at all. So when I know
nothing of HIM, I am not attached to HIM because I love HIM.

Its not just me, but all of us do not know about LOVE. thats why we
keep trying and trying all the time to love our parents, friends,
siblings, husband and all others...but still we have not achieved this
Unconditional Love. So it seems ITS JUST NOT POSSIBLE for us TO LOVE
GOD. We make need of GOD to only fulfill our selfish desires and to
wade away the insecurities, fears, boredom within us.

We live in so much of Fear that even Our knowledge about God or The
experience with God has also become some kind of possession and even
the slightest thought of losing HIM terrifies us. We don't want to
lose it.

So people tend to worship God, believe in a form, do prayers, chant
mantras and sing bhajans, and do all kind of spiritual practices so
that we get rid away from all these fears, insecurity, boredom, etc.

here the matter is not of any arguement nor issue in pertext to right
or wrong. But till man learns the lesson of "Accepting Oneself as I
am", we have not moved even an inch towards spiritual progress.

Onenesscity is one such spiritual city; whereby you can learn about
"Accepting Oneself". More info - http://lifeinoneness.blogspot.com

--
Sent from my mobile device

Regards,
A Darbha
Oneness Volunteer

A family in ONENESS, of ONENESS, by ONENESS and Committed to world ONENESS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here